Since many tasks were waiting my attention, it worth to mention the most important ones. So what's going to happen soon:
- v4.2 will be updated to include latest fixes. Few days ago I added support for VS.NET 2010 (.NET 3.5 only) into its installation scripts, as well as installation of XSD enabling IntelliSense for <Xtensive.Storage> configuration section - thanks to Peter Šulek (Peter, I updated XSD a bit according with the latest changes).
- My primary goal is v4.3 installer. There is no exact release date yet, but if there will be no any serious issues, you might expect VS2010 & .NET 4.0 version quite soon.
- New pricing and licensing policy will be announced shortly - that's one of reasons we delayed v4.3 release. Now it includes protected components, which will function until the end of June 2010. The restriction is compile-time only, i.e. runtime components will be fully usable further. We're going to use this period to integrate full-featured licensing system into DataObjects.Net.
Update: the final pricing model is announced.
- We've finally decided to migrate our support forums to OSQA - we liked StackExchange, but e-mail correspondence with its team after this announcement has lead us to conclusion that it's better to migrate to different software. So I also looking for good Unix hosting in US/EU to run our new support web site based on OSQA - unfortunately, they don't sell hosted solution yet.
- After getting this done, I'll switch back to Xtensive.Practices development.
Stay tuned! I'll try to compensate recent absence of my posts.