DisconnectedState needs manual + more advanced WPF sample. Probably, we must also add few features to it to make it more usable (based on advanced sample).
"Really good sample" means:
- It must be an MDI application working with multiple Sessions and DisconnectedStates.
- It must behave as it is expected from typical business application.
- It must browse large result set utilizing LINQ in DO4 for paging / sorting / filtering.
- The sample must be usable as template for similar applications. I.e. we must not trade between immediate clearness (= certain amount code duplication, etc.) and practical usability of code we use there. So e.g. if necessary, we must add any helper types for routine tasks.
- Ideally, we must show WPF client <-> middle-tier server case.
- Possibly, we must use some well-known third-party grid with rich feature set.
New Legacy mode needs manual + extensions allowing to use it in wider set of cases.
Currently I keep in mind the following extensions we may implement:
- Views support. Must be pretty easy - AFAIK we already can extract their structure info (columns + types), so we must ~ add "read only" flag to some of objects in domain model, extend attributes & support this in builder.
- Few mode upgrade modes / options: no validation at all, model caching (Domain must start much faster in case there are 500+ types).
- Ideally, we must add support for ActiveRecord pattern (T4 templates generating our classes from extracted database schema).
- Possibly: support of DO v3.9 type identifiers extraction / mapping to v3.9 schemas. Ideally, with T4, but even a full description of migration process would be a big plus.