Now, seriously: this work is going on, but slower than I hoped. Currently we wrote about 70%, and may be 85% of the most important chapters. Many of written parts require proofing - the Runglish there is perfect, but it's far from acceptable English.
Now the good news: I discovered Google Code allows to browse files online "as-is", so I can give you links to mainly finished chapters:
- Index. There are responsibility marks in square brackets - don't waste your time on thinking what they mean ;)
- Intro. Not yet finished, but it explains the most important stuff, such as installation and creation of your first project.
- Modelling domains. Based on posts in Dmitri Maximov's blog. There is an advanced part of this chapter.
- Domains and Sessions. Honestly, I didn't read it yet.
- Working with data. The same.
- Querying the data using LINQ, and a short add-on to it: Custom LINQ translation. Likely, the most interesting part.
- Validation framework. Must be interesting.
- Lazy loading: ideal Runglish is here :)
As you see, everything is written in HTML. But producing PDF from HTML is easy. So finally it will be joined into a single PDF book. Our help files will contain it as well.
And the most important part: if (or, more precisely, when) you will find a mistake while reading the text, please:
- Select it
- Press Ctrl-Enter
- Press Enter or click "Send".