Official release announcement will be published shortly, as well as roadmap, revision history and issues in issue tracker. I should say we were unable to accomplish the following planned tasks:
- There is no Manual for now. It will appear on the next week.
- DisconnectedState isn't fully operational yet, and thus there is no demo. We hope to finish with this on the next week as well.
- Prefetch API works, but queries it sends are far from ideal yet. They'll be ideal when we'll finish with automatic fall back to IN for local collections. Currently they're always processed via temporary tables. Although new API already improves performance of raw fetches by nearly 3 times (shortly it will be ~ 10 more times faster), and significantly improves multiple EntitySet access performance.
- There is no ASP.NET MVC sample yet, but it will be there soon as well.
We also slightly changed our samples:
- ASP.NET sample handles concurrent update checks relying on our new Entity.GetVersion() method. To test this, try to edit the same entity from two different pages.
- WPF sample got skin and WPF validation support (now we support IDataErrorInfo).
- No need to install PostSharp or something else
- No more installation into GAC, so your bin folders contain binaries fully ready for deployment with XCopy
- We use new way of integration with MSBuild allowing you to make a project based on DO4 fully "XCopyable" - you won't need to install DO4 to compile it on another PC.
- There are new project templates - they're much better for beginners
- You can copy DO4 to another PC without installer now. Just XCopy it and run Install.bat; Uninstall.bat will remove it.